Friday, June 30, 2017

Strings Strings Strings!

Strings Strings Strings


I loved my Jamestown Landing(shown below) from Bonnie Hunter's String Fling book so much, that I decided to start another one.

Only this time instead of the blues, I think I will use greens. Green is my favorite color and I have not made a quilt for myself in a long long time. The decision to do this had a lot to do with the neutral strings that seem to multiply overnight.
I need 168 4.5 inch neutral string blocks. I already have a good start of 50, but my string bin does not look emptier.  I swear, the more you use, the more there is in that bin.
I started trimming them but have not made good headway with that.  I am in no hurry for this quilt. It is just something to work on in between other things that I am working on. 
With string blocks, you cover paper, in this case I used old telephone book pages. Then trim down to size.

After trimming the block, you can remove the paper.
It may take months to get this one done as it takes a gazillion half square triangles!  Actually it just takes 420, but it might as well be a gazillion. Since you work with scrappy, it does take a while to cut those half square triangle pairs.  

I also have several other projects going on:
Allietare 
Bricks and Stepping Stones
Scrappy colored string blocks...

and the list goes on.


No comments: