Friday, April 3, 2015

Another Sporadic Post LOL

It has been a while, again, since I have posted, but lots of quilting has been going on.  My husband's best friend has been going through chemo in the past 2 months and is a huge superman fan, so my cousin, whom I am teaching to piece and quilt, and I made him a superman quilt. Please ignore the vacant house in the background. :) It is a disappearing nine-patch. He loves the quilt and says he is under it most of the time.


Another friend of my husband's has been wanting a quilt for a while, so I gave him my Jamestown Landing, a Bonnie Hunter pattern. It was a long time in the making as I did it as a leader/ender quilt. It is made entirely from my scraps except for the backing. My husband's friend and his wife did not have a family heirloom quilt to pass down to their son. They wanted one. This will be their heirloom.




 
I also completed the top for Bonnie Hunter's Grand Illusion mystery in January. It is not quilted yet.

I had a bunch of half square triangles left over from several quilts that I have put together into a baby quilt. It has not been quilted yet either.


Currently, I am working on a disappearing nine-patch made of a bunch of Batik samples that I have had for years. Here are 2 blocks complete.
 

I am also working on Bonnie Hunter's Wild Child quilt from her book String Fling. Below are the 80 4.5 inch string blocks required for the quilt.  It seems the more strings that I use, the more I have. I swear the things multiply in their containers. I made these 80 blocks and cannot tell that I have used any from the container.
Our GardenWeb online group has finalized our plans for our yearly retreat!  We had to change locations this year but the place looks nice. It is going to be at the Holston Center in Banner Elk, NC this year. Closer to home for me and in a familiar area. I am already looking forward to it, even though it is not until Labor Day weekend.

No comments: