Sunday, December 1, 2013

Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice Mystery Progress

Each year at Thanksgiving, Bonnie Hunter generously offers up a mystery to her followers. Last year's was Easy Street, which I did and loved. This year it is called Celtic Solstice. A month or so ago, she posted the fabric requirements (http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2013/10/2013-mystery-time-introducing-celtic.html). She gives these early in order for us to get our fabrics together. I was fortunate to have all these in my stash, so I went with her color scheme which is: Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue and Neutrals. Then, the day after Thanksgiving, she gave the first clue/part (http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2013/11/celtic-solstice-mystery-part-1.html). This part entailed making quite a few Peaky and Spike parts.
I am making the smaller (75" x 75") version, so I made 96 of the parts with the neutral centers and 92 of the ones with the orange centers. Each Friday for the next couple of months or so, Bonnie will release a clue. At the end, we will have a beautiful quilt top. If it is anything like last year's Easy Street, it will be a real beauty!  I am posting another photo of my Easy Street below. My husband claimed this one before it was even done. It now resides on our bed.
This photo is before borders. It is an extra big King size.


4 comments:

Andee said...

Looking good! Sew much fun to see everyone's start!

Jackie at Adirondack Urban said...

Nice scrappy variety!

Dar said...

I like your colors for the new mystery and really love your Easy Street. I'm doing it too, but didn't get time to take pictures or get all my units together. Maybe next week will be my show and tell.

Unknown said...

Great colors! Love your Easy Street. I'm still working on my Easy Street but that certainly didn't stop me from starting Celtic Solstice (King size). :) :) :)